Romeo and Juliet is a Shakespearean play.
- Mercutio - Stabbed from under Romeo's arm by Tybalt. Often viewed as accidental, since Tybalt may have been trying to kill Romeo.
- Tybalt - Stabbed by Romeo as revenge for Mercutio's death.
- Lady Montague- Died from a heart attack/heartbreak upon hearing about her son's banishment.
- Count Paris - Stabbed by Romeo in a duel. This scene is omitted from film versions.
- Romeo - Took poison when he believed Juliet to be dead (though would have seen her alive if he waited a little longer)
- Juliet - Stabbed herself after finding Romeo dead.
In the 1996 film, guns are used instead of swords and the actors play stars in a more modern era, while still keeping the Shakespearean language. Tybalt slashes Mercutio with glass, Romeo shoots Tybalt five times, and Juliet shoots herself in the head with a gun.