Ash Ketchum is the protagonist of the Pokemon anime. Despite the fact that Pokemon has much less death than other animes, and that Ash is the main character, Ash is killed several times throughout the series (mostly in movies) (all non-canon), though he always comes back.
- In the episode "The Tower of Terror", jumped toward Haunter and Gastly when they sank disappointed into the ground (as he wanted to capture them), and as they sank into the ground before Ash could reach them, he smashed into the ground, and the chandelier fell on top of him and Pikachu, crushing/electrocuting them both. Their spirits were pulled out by Haunter as ghosts, and were later returned to their bodies. (Unexplained if Ash and Pikachu died or merely knocked out when their ghost-selfs were pulled out and returned.)
- In the first movie, "Mewtwo Strikes Back", jumped between Mewtwo and Mew as they shot energy waves at each other that could have destroyed everything and everyone present. The attacks collided on him and turned him to stone; however, the tears of all the Pokemon (original and cloned) brought him back to life.
- In the movie "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew", along with nearly every other human character in the Tree of Beginning, was eaten by a blob designed to fight off humans. Was later revived by Mew along with the rest.
- In the movie Pokémon: I Choose You, Ash is hit by multiple attacks from Pokémon controlled by Marshadow, which kills him and sends his body and soul to a kind of afterlife, but is later resurrected by Ho-Oh after Pikachu jumps through a portal to save him.
- In the movie "Manaphy And The Prince Of The Sea." Ash proceeds to die via drowning in an attempt to restore the sea-crown as the underwater castle they are currently in is filling with water. Ash comes back with a power bestowed upon him via the Sea Crown.